Call for Abstracts
2017 UHMS ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING
Thursday, June 29 - Saturday, July 1
Naples Grande Resort, Naples, Florida
IF YOU NEED A WORD COPY of Abstract Submission Form, PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, the UHMS Program Committee is pleased to extend its call for abstract submission to the 2017 UHMS Annual Scientific Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2017. It will be held at the Naples Grande Beach Resort, 475 Seagate Drive, Naples, FL 34103.
For your convenience, the formatting and submission guidelines have been reprinted in the below section entitled “Abstract Formatting Guidelines.” Abstracts should be submitted via the UHMS website at www.uhms.org. For those unable to access the UHMS website or having difficulty with the online submission format, additional assistance with the submission process can be obtained by contacting the UHMS home office. Authors should ensure that all submission requirements are met, as incomplete submissions may be returned for modification or declined. Deadline for submission is April 3, 2017. Acknowledgement of receipt will be provided normally within one week.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Abstract acceptance is at the full discretion of the UHMS Annual Scientific Program Committee.
Notification regarding abstract final acceptance will be provided via e-mail no later than April 24, 2017.
The presenting author will be required to register and attend the meeting.
NEW: Please note: the UHMS is advancing to using digital poster presentations in lieu of the traditional cork board and printed poster. We have contracted with ePosterBoards LLC to handle all poster submissions for the 2017 Annual Meeting. All abstracts which have been approved and accepted will be presented in PDF or PPT format and uploaded to the ePosterBoards website. Instructions for upload, FAQ and templates for poster presentations will emailed to the presenting author upon acceptance. This information can also be found at the following link: https://www.uhms.org/annual-scientific-meeting/call-for-abstracts/poster-instructions.html
Also at the discretions of the UHMS ASM Program Committee, presenters may be invited to present their abstract orally in the general meeting, resident/trainee competition (if eligible) or the Associates session (if eligible). Notification regarding selection for oral and poster presentations will be provided no later than April 24, 2017.
ABSTRACT USE PERMISSIONS AND RIGHTS:
All abstracts submissions for presentation at the Annual Scientific Meeting constitutes consent by the author(s) for the UHMS to use the materials submitted in whole or part as it sees fit. All abstracts posters (including required PowerPoint/PDF submissions) and oral presentations (including PowerPoint slides) accepted by the UHMS Program Committee for presentation at the Annual Scientific Meeting will be published in the UHMS’ Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal and may be subsequently used and/or published by the Society in various electronic media at the discretion of the UHMS. Once accepted, no abstract, poster or oral presentation may be withdrawn or excluded from being subject to this agreement.
- REGULAR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: MONDAY, APRIL 3, 2017; MIDNIGHT ET
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE by ASM Program Committee: APRIL 24, 2017.
- NO CHANGES to an abstract will be accepted after MAY 1, 2017.
- PDF OF ABSTRACT must be submitted to ePoster website by MAY 1, 2017.
ABSTRACT FORMATTING GUIDELINES:
LANGUAGE: All abstracts are to be written in English. The Program Committee reserves the right to alter abstracts where the English structure makes comprehension difficult.
ABSTRACT BODY FORMAT:
- Must be 300 words or less, exclusive of title, author(s) names, and institutional affiliation(s).
- All submissions should be in Microsoft Word format
- Only text and text tables will be accepted. NO graphs or images may be submitted.
- Contents should include the following sections – please use these exact terms for uniformity:
- Introduction / Background
- Materials and Methods
- Summary / Conclusions
- One question / answer for Maintenance of Certification “MOC” Credits.
TOPICS FOR PRESENTATION
Specify one of the following categories that best characterizes your presentation:
- Session A (Thurs): Diving/Decompression Illness: Theory & Mechanisms
- Session B (Thurs): HBO2 Therapy Mechanisms
- Session C (Fri): Clinical HBO2 Therapy
- Session D (Fri): Diving and Decompression Illness
- Session E (Sat): HBO2 Therapy, Chambers, and Equipment
- Session F (Sat): Clinical and Diving-Related HBO2 Therapy
QUESTIONS, CONTACT THE email@example.com