Poster Instruction Information
Instructions for Electronic Poster Presentions
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 3, 2019
How to upload your poster to the UHMS website (pdf)
Poster Formatting Guidelines (pdf)
Template 1 (ppt)
Template 2 (ppt)
Template 3 (ppt) - has video-to view as attendees will, go to "slideshow" to view
Poster Formatting Guidelines
IMPORTANT: Due to difference in operating system standards and character sets, mathematical formulas created in Windows often do not display correctly on MAC OS, even in PowerPoint. Please convert formulas to images.
- Recommended fonts: Calibri, Arial, Times New Roman
- Recommended font size: any large size font as long as it fits the slide/poster ratios below.
- Slide/Poster size: 40.97x23.04 - you will need to create as a "custom size"
- Single or multiple pages slides/may be used for poster (max 5 Slides)
- Multiple slides/pages should be used if additional content such as images, graphs and videos need to be displayed on your poster.
- Videos, graphs and images can be embedded into your poster. No more than 5 minutes of videos should be included in your presentation.
- Embedded video may be displayed in the following formats:
- .mp4 files and .mov files encoded with the H264 codec
- The poster layout should be landscape orientation.
- Poster PPT templates are available for download above.
- Any presentations with embedded videos should be saved as a PPTX file and the video files should be submitted along with the presentation
Your poster sessions will be done in Kiosk Mode. Kiosk mode means that we receive the presentation ahead of time, then combine multiple presentations into a single presentation with a menu and navigation buttons. This ensures that it’s easy to swap between different posters that are on the same screen. There are some things to consider:
- We will disable the ‘click to advance’ feature, and instead place navigation buttons in the upper-right corner of the presentation.
- Please ensure that your poster is the correct size. If not, it will be forced into the correct size, and the poster may be distorted.
Making the Most of Your Presentation
Posters offer a very flexible format, and there are several methods you can use to optimize your presentation. The goal of your presentation should always be readability. You are no longer constrained to a single-page poster, so if you have a lot of information, it’s a good idea to split it up across multiple pages. You may than 5 slides. You will have 30 minutes to present your poster. There are a few key methods that can be used in conjunction with multiple pages to make your presentation interactive and flexible.
Videos can be used to add animation and content density to a presentation. Consider the following use cases:
- Show a rotating molecule or some other scientific model
- Make a looping video of multiple tables or charts
- Show a video of your work in progress
- You may embed a link to a youtube or other Internet video, which will launch in a browser.
NOTE: No more than 5 minutes of videos to be included in your presentation.
Qr Tag Creation
If you wish to include a QR tag in your poster with embedded information, you can easily find a free website to create one. These sites take text input, and generate a QR tag image that you can download and import into your presentation.
Here are a few website that we have used: