Wound Care/Hyperbaric Physician, Buffalo, NY
Catholic Health in Western New York State has an opportunity for a wound/hyperbaric physician to join our network of providers. The successful candidate will be Board Certified in a discipline(s) related to the provision of wound care and hyperbaric medicine and will be a highly trained wound care/hyperbaric provider. The position will involve the treatment of wounds and the supervision of hyperbaric treatments.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Employed – Hospital (outpatient department)
- Full Time
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Possible sign on Bonus
- Professional Liability Insurance, occurrence based
- No inpatient admissions required
- Great Work-Life Balance
- Oversee aspects of patient wound care, primarily outpatient, with inpatient consultations to be provided on an as requested basis.
- The physician will develop and maintain strong relationships with physicians and other providers to facilitate the optimal treatment of wounds.
- Adherence to recognized standards of care and protocols for wound treatment. Recognize acute and chronic wound infections, obtain definitive testing, and initiate appropriate debridement as well as topical and systemic therapies to treat infection.
- Formulate a treatment plan for chronic and acute wounds, including venous, arterial, pressure, neuropathic and atypical ulcers.
- Must be familiar with Department of Health, Joint Commission, HIPAA and any pertinent Federal Regulations pertaining to Wound Care, and must adhere to such.
- Board Certified in one of the disciplines relating to the provision of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
- Board Certification in Under Sea and Hyperbaric Medicine preferred,
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire.
- The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal and state prescriptive authority, as well as a current and valid DEA Certificate.
ADVANCED WOUND HEALING CENTERS AT CATHOLIC HEALTH
Catholic Health’s Advanced Wound Healing Centers focus on the evaluation and treatment of chronic, non-healing wounds as well as the necessary education and optimization of an environment for healing. The sites utilize the most advanced treatment methods available, including mono-place hyperbaric oxygen therapy chambers. With three locations throughout Western New York, the Advanced Wound Healing Centers at Catholic Health provide a comprehensive and integrated range of wound care and hyperbaric medicine services for patients in locations close to them. These centers provide restorative care for wounds because non-healing wounds often lead to severe pain, complications, extended hospital stays, deteriorating health including limb amputations and increased healthcare costs.
ABOUT CATHOLIC HEALTH
- An integrated health organization serving the Western New York area from the Canadian Border to the Pennsylvania State Line;
- Offers care from over 70 locations, including 5 hospitals;
- Provides acute, outpatient, ancillary, cardiac, vascular, women’s and orthopedic care;
- Has over 8000 employees:
- Has over 1500 affiliated physicians;
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large-city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, and cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. Buffalo is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
- Is #10 in the USA for least expensive places to live.
- Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
- Enjoy 24 performance theaters
- Browse over 40 Museums
- Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System
- Architecture is unparalleled – Wright, Richardson, Romanesque – must see it all.
- Features outstanding quality restaurants, with strong variety and easily accessible.
- Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
- Has only 4.25 hours of ground stop annually at the Airport.
- Is the City of Good Neighbors.
Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements) to the attention of:
Bridget Conti, Physician Recruitment, Catholic Health 144 Genesee St., Buffalo, NY
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.
|Job Title||Wound Care/Hyperbaric Physician|