Rio Mar Puerto Rico
Golf & Beach Resort
6000 Rio Mar Blvd
Rio Grande, PR 00745
LIVE WEB CAM: https://www.wyndhamriomar.com/en/activities/live-webcam
"The Society has negotiated a special discounted room rate (room-block) with the hotel. Your patronage of this meeting hotel makes it possible for the Society/Chapter to secure the space necessary for this event at a greatly reduced cost. The hotel not only offers a discounted rate and the best networking opportunities, but staying in the group block helps the Society/Chapter meet its obligation to the hotel, avoid penalties, and keep meeting registration prices down. Any attendee who does not book under the UHMS room block will not receive the special discounted amenities."
ROOM RATE: $182.31*
Reservation Cutoff date: EXTENDED to Monday, June 3, 2019
Call in reservations: 800-474-6627
Online reservations: CLICK HERE or paste the following link in your web browser address bar: https://book.passkey.com/e/49746356
We have also secured a limited amount of rooms at the government per diem rate for active military. Please contact us at email@example.com to get in this block. Military/Government attendees using their government credit card: Information regarding hotel taxes: Puerto Rico is a tax exempt territory when a traveler uses their IBA account (gov charge card). The form link below has the information for each individual traveler to obtain the proper tax exemption form you will need so you are not billed for those taxes. You can download the form at the following link: https://smartpay.gsa.gov/content/state-tax-information
You must identify yourself as being part of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Group rate will be offered 3 days pre and 3 days post based on last room availability.
When reservations are made, the hotel will require a deposit equal to the room rate, tax, and Resort Fee for the first and last night for each reservation. Each guest will be required to present a valid credit card upon check-in, on which an amount of sufficient pre-authorization can be obtained to cover the room, tax, and Resort Fee charges for the length of the guest’s stay, plus the anticipated use of the Resort’s ancillary services.
*Group room rate shall be subject to prevailing 2019 tax (current tax is 11%) and, should all 2019 hotel guests be subject to a mandatory resort fee, an applicable flat resort fee of no greater than $14 per room per day, also subject to tax, shall apply. Likewise, should hotel policy no longer include the mandatory levy of a one time per adult person porterage fee and a mandatory daily housekeeping gratuity then such fees shall no longer apply to UHMS meeting attendees. Should policy remain in place, said mandatory fees shall be no greater than originally (c-below) contracted:
$7 per person porterage
$2.50 per room per night houskeeping gratuity
CANCELLING INDIVIDUAL RESERVATIONS: Individual room reservation cancellations will be accepted up to seven (7) days prior to the guest’s reservation arrival date without penalty. Advance deposits are refundable to guest if timely notice of cancellation is given and a cancellation number is obtained. Cancellations that occur inside the seven (7) day period shall forfeit an advanced deposit equal to the first night’s room and applicable tax.
- CHECK-IN I CHECK-OUT: Guest accommodations will be available at 4:00 pm on arrival day and reserved until 11:00 am on departure day. Any attendee wishing special consideration for early arrival should call the toll free number, 888-474-6627. Any attendee wishing special consideration for late check-out should inquire at the front desk on the day of departure. Group members staying in their rooms beyond the check-out time without Resort authorization will be charged for an additional room night.
- Children's Policy: There is no charge for children under the age of 17 when sharing same room with parents.
- Refrigerators are available upon request for an additional $10 per night plus tax per refrigerator.
- Parking: Daily self-parking fee of $15 plus tax. Daily valet parking fee of $20 per car plus tax.
- Smoking and Vaping Policy: The Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort is a smoke-free and vaping-free property as prohibited by law.
- Airport transportation: Round trip shuttle service is provided to our guests through Group Services Inc. Please visit https://fareharbor.com/embeds/book/gsipuertorico-online/items/ for reservations. Please note shuttle service is not available for arrivals after 11pm - if your arrival time is after 11pm, your best bet is a taxi. If you prefer a personal car service, after hour rates go up to $264 one way.
- Rollaways: Available upon request for an additional $20 per night plus tax per rollaway.
Ideally Located, Totally Unforgettable: Experience the magic of this extraordinary island from the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort beachfront location in northeast Puerto Rico. Just steps from a private beach along the majestic Atlantic Ocean, they are the closest resort in Puerto Rico to El Yunque Rainforest. Venture just off the coast to explore the mesmerizing beauty of Bioluminescent Bay, or hop in the car for a quick ride to the historic attractions and shopping of Old San Juan and Ponce.
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar has been listed in Time Magazines online article as one of The World's 100 Greatest Places 2018 - You can view the article at the following link: http://time.com/collection/worlds-greatest-places-2018/5366769/wyndham-grand-rio-mar-rio-grande-puerto-rico/