Job Title: Hyperbaric Technician / Technologist (EMT/CRT/RRT/LPN)
- Job ID #: 287
- Company: Singing River Health System
- Category: Job Opportunities
- City: Pascagoula / Ocean Springs
- Location: Mississippi
- Yearly Salary: Not Specified
- Job Description:
Singing River Health System is one of the largest employers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It comprises two hospitals: Singing River Hospital in Pascagoula and Ocean Springs Hospital in Ocean Springs. The Health System provides:
• 24-Hour Emergency Services
• Heart and Vascular Services
• Cancer Care
• Women's and Children's Service
• Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
• State-of-the-Art Neuroscience Centers
• Behavioral Health Services
• Wound Care and a Hyperbaric Medicine Center
• Hospice of Light
• Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
The Hyperbaric Technician / Technologist, under the direction of a physician, performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy on approved patients. He/She operates and monitors the hyperbaric chamber and other hyperbaric support system and performs necessary maintenance to systems daily. The Hyperbaric Technician / Technologist ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the chamber’s oxygen system. He/She maintains patient records, records of chamber use – including time and pressure information for each patient – and chamber maintenance records.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Must have appropriate educational diploma/degree.
• Emergency Medical Technician (EMT): Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
• Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist: Must be a graduate from an accredited, state approved, Respiratory Therapy Program.
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN): Must be a graduate of accredited school of licensed practical nursing
The Certified Technologist has completed the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT) approved hyperbaric medicine introductory training course.
A minimum of one (1) year hyperbaric experience preferred.
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 228-818-4055