Medical Director - Hutchinson, KS
Wound Care Medical Director
The Wound Care Medical Director works in collaboration with the Program Director, Clinical Coordinator and HBO technician to provide quality patient care and serve as the medical leadership in the center. He/she will support strategic growth of the center by promoting the services offered by the clinic to the local medical community.
REPORTS TO: Designated Hospital Executive
KEY JOB AREA: Tasks, duties and responsibilities.
- Serve as a mentor for Panel Physicians.
- Supervise the wound care provided by physicians and clinicians in the center.
- Recruit and train Panel Physicians, serving as an ongoing educational resource for all wound center staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of wound care, HBO indications and contraindications, and communicate to medical and clinical staff.
- Assist with ongoing readiness and compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, Clinical Coordinator and HBO Technician, monitor the clinical performance of the center.
- Lead performance improvement initiatives in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing patient care review including weekly meetings to discuss Outliers, HBO candidates and healing protocols.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure the wound center complies with all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Monitor physician and nursing documentation to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- HBO oversight: ensure that treatments are approved indications under CMS and LCDs; responsible for physicians being present during treatments and for the safety and quality of the chamber.
- Collaborates with the WCA corporate clinical team to facilitate quality improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with Program Director to serve as the spokesperson for the wound center to the referring medical community.
- Promote the wound center services in the local marketplace by doing formal presentations, attending hospital meetings such as medical staff meetings, actively participating in one-on-one discussions with referring specialties about the wound center services.
- Interact with hospital administration to consistency support wound care as a service of the hospital.
- MD or DO.
- Wound Care experience preferred.
- HBOT accreditation preferred.
|Company||Wound Care Advantage|
|Job Title||Medical Director|