The Hyperbaric Tech, under the direction of the Program Director and/or Safety Director of the Hyperbaric Medicine Department, administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician. Performs duties under supervision of the Program Director, Clinical Coordinator, and/or Safety Director as is appropriate for the facility. Is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in patient preparation for treatment.
- Reinforces education as it relates to hyperbaric therapy.
- Keeps complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to treatment documentation.
- Performs duties and procedures as directed by Program Director, Medical Director, and in some cases the Clinical Coordinator.
- Performs hyperbaric chamber operations and system maintenance as required.
- Supports clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation.
- Participates in the safety program.
- Maintains competencies, continuing education and certifications as appropriate.
- Utilizing data software for wound management make appropriate entries for daily hyperbaric treatments and wound care clinic visits including photo uploading.
- Lift patient or transfer
- Tolerate pressurization and depressurization in a hyperbaric chamber
- Need to be able to hear patients and staff. Also, listen to equipment for malfunctions
|Company||Us Diabetic Partners|
|Job Title||HBO Tech for multiplace chamber|