This is a free service open to the public. It is the intent of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society to supply the public with ad listings on jobs, equipment for sale and services within the undersea, hyperbaric and wound care medicine fields. The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society does not accredit or sponsor the organizations that have posted ads. Your ad will be posted for a period of 90 days from the time of submission. You will be notified via email 7 days before the 90-day expiration. At that time, you will be able to repost if necessary. If you have any issues, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The wound care nurse is responsible for providing routine wound care evaluation, management and treatments to the patients seen by this service in accordance with accepted protocols and clinical standards. Responsibilities include providing standard wound care procedures primarily on an outpatient basis. Wound care nurse will be responsible for care of patients ranging in age from infants to geriatric patients. Wound care nurse is responsible for performing other duties as required. This position requires good verbal communication and administrative skills. Responsibilities include preparing and maintaining necessary departmental/hospital documentation, as well as patient charting utilizing basic computer skills. There will be extensive requirements for interacting with patients, family members and clinical personnel in a professional manner. Performs duties under the direct supervision of the Program Manager or Clinical Coordinator. Under supervision, wound care nurse should be able to exercise initiative and sound independent judgment when caring for patients within the department. Wound care nurse will on occasion be required to work in an emotionally charged environment with possible life and death ramifications demanding high levels of concentration.
• Prepare patients for wound care procedures using the safety and clinical protocols.
• Maintain complete and accurate patient records/charts as they pertain to treatment documentation.
• Reinforce patient education as it relates to wound healing procedures.
• Perform wound healing procedures as required.
• Perform duties and procedures as directed by supervisor/medical director.
• Participate in quality improvement program.
• Participate in safety program.
• Maintain competencies, continuing education and certifications as appropriate.
• Day-to-day maintenance of wound care equipment.
• Perform hyperbaric treatments, if trained, as ordered by physician.
• Perform other duties as igned.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires the ability to walk and stand most of the day. Must be able to turn, twist and bend repetitively through the day. May be required to crouch, stoop and reach high places. Able to carry, push, pull and handle patients in addition to multiple pieces of equipment using proper body mechanics. Ability to use hands and fingers to handle/feel objects, tools and controls is required. Ability to visually accommodate with good color vision, depth perception and wide field of vision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Prior experience as an Registered Nurse.
• Must maintain BLS certification and license (if applicable) in the state of practice.
• Must maintain required professional certification within the state of practice.
• Will obtain a minimum of 12 hours of wound care specific continuing education credits every two years.
• Will attend hyperbaric introductory training as appropriate.
|Company||Shared Health Services|
|Job Title||Wound Care Nurse|