Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG), a multi-specialty group bringing together more than 450+ talented physicians and advanced practitioners, is an affiliate of Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS), a not-for-profit community health system with a patient service area of over 1,300,000 residents. NGPG is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our wound care team at our Gainesville and Winder clinic locations.
The Wound Care APP works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team and is responsible for providing comprehensive care in an outpatient setting. Must demonstrate clinical proficiencies in working with patients with acute and chronic illnesses, specifically wound care patients in active treatment. Perform the essment, evaluation, and treatment of patients, specifically those with acute and/or chronic wounds, ostomy management and education as well as management of fistulae, tubes, skin, and incontinence issues. Works in conjunction with physicians, nursing staff and ancillary staff to evaluate, propose, plan and perform patient essment and treatments.
You will be working under the supervision of one Physician and alongside one other Advanced Practitioner while providing excellent patient care. You will provide care to a variety of wound care and hyperbaric oxygen patients mostly in the outpatient setting.
Work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm with no weekends or call coverage.
EMR platform is Epic throughout the health system.
In this role you will:
- Provide medical services to individuals, families and/or groups, including diabetic ulcers, skin tears, non-healing surgical wounds, vascular insufficiencies, wound grafts and any other wound care or hyperbaric oxygen needs.
- Emphasize health promotion as well as acute and chronic disease management.
- Augment a physician’s ability to provide medical services to patients.
- Collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, order and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations and provide direct patient care services.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Meets requirements for medical license to practice in Georgia
- Licensed as a Nurse and approved to practice as a NP by State of Georgia with National Certification
- Board Certification via NCCPA required for Physician Assistants
- Board certified in hyperbaric medicine (preferred) or willing to complete company sponsored training in order to become certified
- Outpatient wound care experience
- Special training and certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support and cardiac resuscitation required
- A high level of interpersonal skills to allow effective communications with a wide variety of hospital personnel, physicians, and the general public.
Benefits of Working at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits package
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
- NGHS is a Teaching Hospital with a growing GME program
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
- Recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more
- Thriving economy and low cost of living
- Endless Outdoor Activities including hiking, biking, and world-cl water sports on Lake Lanier
- Short Commute only 45 minutes to Atlanta and 45 minutes to the North Georgia Mountains
Northeast Georgia Health System – Dramatically Different
Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG), one of the largest multi-specialty groups in Georgia, brings together more than 400+ talented physicians and advanced practitioners representing 30 specialties at over 70 locations. NGPG is affiliated with Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS), which serves more than 1,000,000 people in more than 13 counties across the region. As part of NGHS, patients of NGPG have a direct connection to Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s four hospital campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Lumpkin and Barrow County.