PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for the daily management of unit activities including staff supervision and development, planning, budget, quality and facility operations and coordinating patient services to ensure high quality patient care and optimal outcomes. Level is determined by: Size of Budget for Salaries/Supplies, Number of FTEs, Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Complexity of services offered is areas supervised - multiple services, multiple units, Specialty Training is required to manage services.
-Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Effective May 5, 2021, current incumbents not in possession of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing will be expected to attain the degree no later than May 31, 2022.
-Prefer Master's degree in Nursing.
- Must have four years of professional nursing experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience: - May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to igned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards
- Must be capable of serving as a clinical resource for staff.
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of igned department operations including policies, personnel and budget management.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, nursing staff, management and administration.
- Must be capable of leadership and have effective organization skills.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
1.Responsible for managing daily unit activities to ensure high quality patient care and optimal outcomes. Communicates with physicians, social work and other department staff to promote integrated, effective care. Serves as patient advocate, follows up on patient care issues and outcomes, oversees/arranges discharge support. Documents and supervises unit/patient information including charts, surveys, reports, research, correspondence, statistics and quarterly reports to ensure efficient, accurate data.
2.Selects, trains, supervises, motivates and evaluates igned staff. Assesses patient needs and staff capabilities, scheduling staff to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities, while providing optimal service to internal and external customers. Ensures igned staff receive opportunities to further their knowledge. Serves as a role model and resource. Evaluates staff competencies and delegates tasks effectively. Directs staff meetings, interviews, trains, counsels and provides other personnel activities to ensure that clinical activities meet department and Parkland goals and mission objectives.
3.Serves as a clinical resource, maintains skills and promotes staff development. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends in the specialty area by attending seminars or workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations and maintaining Texas RN licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices. Serves as an educational resource for patients, families and Parkland staff. Responsible for maintaining Nursing Standards and Practices on the unit.
4.Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective unit procedures. Develops and evaluates staff activities to promote knowledge of all rules, regulations, policies, procedures, laws and guidelines, including The Joint Commission, that impact the unit and ensures compliance. Collaborates with Directors, Quality/Risk Management and Nursing Administration. Maintains communication on hospital wide practices through committee participation.
5.Responsible for a collaborative work team to ensure positive working relationships. Communicates effectively with physicians, students, and other departments such as Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy, Environmental and Linen Services. Maintains good communication with other hospitals, government/regulatory agencies and community representatives.
6.Responsible for performance improvement practices on the unit. Collaborates with staff, physicians, administration and risk management to evaluate and improve patient services. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes and flows in the unit and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
7.Responsible for effective facility management as measured by cleanliness, proper type, amount and functioning of equipment and overall environmental safety. Oversees timely and effective maintenance of equipment and rooms. Responsible for space planning, including renovations, capital repairs and acquisitions. Ensures informed use of department resources through clear policies including equipment, supplies, personnel hiring/training practices and service utilization.
8.Develops and administers the annual budget (capital, operating and payroll) to ensure that the unit has the necessary funds to carry out established goals and objectives. Monitors charges and supplies, initiates orders, requisitions and supervises capital improvements.
9.Develops, implements and evaluates unit annual goals and personal goals consistent with Parkland and Department mission and goals.
10.Serves on multidisciplinary and Departmental committees as selected and igned.
To Apply Please Visit: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=520313&company=Parkland