UHMS Hyperbaric Facility Accrediation Program
Certification of Competency and Credibility
UHMS Accreditation means that your facility has met the highest standards of care and patient safety through our rigorous evaluation of the adequacy of your facility, equipment, staff and training to ensure that the utmost quality is maintained within our specialty. UHMS is committed to providing, promoting, developing and raising the quality of care across the spectrum in scientific communication, life sciences and clinical practices of hyperbaric medicine by promoting high standards of patient care and operational safety. If your facility is part of this elite group, congratulations! If not, let us help you get started.
The above forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Install the lastest verison for free to ensure you can work with the forms.
"Our multiplace program at Mayo Clinic Rochester began clinical operations in 2008 and has grown into a very busy practice severing a large number of patients with a wide range of indications include complex hospitalized cases. We wanted to establish a practice that followed the principles of evidence based medicine and maintained the highest levels of patient and staff safety. We turned to the UHMS published guidelines and accreditation standards to design our program’s staffing, policies and procedures with a goal of becoming accredited by the UHMS within 2 years of practice.
"We have now been successfully surveyed twice, once in 2010 and most recently in 2013. Each time the exercise has been extremely valuable with the surveyor’s observations and recommendations challenging us to not only maintain but to constantly improve our practice. I strongly recommend that every hyperbaric practice strive to meet or exceed these standards and demonstrate that commitment by seeking formal UHMS accreditation."
- Paul Claus, M.D.
ACCREDITED FACILITIES ENJOY THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Printed copy of the UHM Journal
- Free one year individual membership for those facility employees who have never been a UHMS member before
- Discount for facility employees who are non-UHMS members to attend a UHMS meeting or educational event
- Get listed on the upcoming UHMS facility map with referral access
- Become a part of a network of accredited facilities which have demonstrated operating at higher level
PROGRAM STRUCTURE FEE:
(New structure fee effective January 2015)
- Application Fee: $2500 (due at the time of application)
- Survey Fee: $7500 (due 30 days prior to the scheduled survey date*)
- Application Fee: $2000 (due at the time of application)
- Survey Fee: $3000 (due 30 days prior to the scheduled survey date*)
ORGANIZATION CHANGE UPDATEExamples of significant change include:
- Relocation or remodel of a facility
- Change in service offered
- Merger or joint venture with another organization
- Change in key facility personnel
Failure to notify the UHMS may result in the loss of accreditation. Depending on the nature and significance of the changes, an inerim site survey may be required to maintain accreditation.
*Failure to remit final payment 30 days prior to a scheduled survey may result in cancellation of the survey. Applications already submitted for 2015 surveys will be honored under the current policy. Please do not hesitate to contact Tom Workman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Beth Hands (email@example.com) if you have any qutestions on the improved policy.
Further information about facility accreditation is available from the UHMS Director of Quality and Assurance and Regulatory Affairs:
W.T. Workman, MS, CAsP, CHT-A, FAsMA
Dir, Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs
UHMS San Antonio
14607 San Pedro Ave, Ste 270
San Antonio, TX 78232
Tel: +1 (210) 404-1553, ext 107
Fax: +1 (210) 404-1535