Blake Medical Center is 383 bed full service hospital, offering a full spectrum of health care services. We are a leading provider of acute care in Manatee County.
Our highly skilled team of hospital professionals deliver a comprehensive range of services, from open heart surgery and oncology, to our weight loss solutions program and health education.
Position Overview: The Hyperbaric Technician administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients. Responsible for the safe, and effective operation of the hyperbaric (HBOT) chambers and related support systems, acting as the outside attendant and control operator during clinical treatments.
Role Accountabilities Include:
- Performs oxygen therapy treatment protocols as prescribed by physician. Observes the patient and the hyperbaric systems during the course of oxygen treatments. Reports unusual occurrences to physician.
- Accurately documents patient condition and the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
- Operates, maintains and ensures the safety of the hyperbaric oxygen chamber and all ociated systems/equipment to meet hospital, department and regulatory requirements.
- Takes an active role in hyperbaric medicine education programs and orients hospital and other personnel to hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Graduate from paramedic or emergency technician, or hyperbaric technician program; and/or equivalent
- Minimum 12 months of experience in a hyperbaric environment
- Licensure: CHT - Certified Hyperbaric Tech by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT)
To learn more and apply, please visit: https://blakemedicalcenter.com/careers/search.dot?jobId=00309-8768
For more information, please contact Mashell Hester at Mashell.Hester@hcahealthcare.com.
|Company||Blake Medical Center|
|Job Title||Hyperbaric Technician|