Wound Care Panel Physician - Hutchinson, KS
Wound Care Panel Physician
The Wound Care Panel Physician works in collaboration with the Medical Director, Program Director, Clinical Coordinator and HBO Technician to provide quality patient care and ists the Medical Director in the medical leadership of the center. He/she will support strategic growth of the center by promoting the services offered by the clinic to the local medical community.
REPORTS TO: Medical Director of Wound Center
KEY JOB AREA: Tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
- Assist the Medical Director in supervising the wound care provided by physicians and clinicians in the center.
- Assist the Medical Director in recruiting and training other Panel Physicians, and serve as an ongoing educational resource for all wound center staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of wound care, HBO indications and contraindications, and communicate to medical and clinical staff.
- Assist with ongoing readiness and compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, Program Director, Clinical Coordinator and HBO Technician, monitor the clinical performance of the center.
- Assist in leading performance improvement initiatives in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing patient care review including weekly meetings to discuss outliers, HBOT candidates and healing protocols.
- Work with the Medical Director and Program Director to ensure the wound center complies with all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Assist the Medical Director in monitoring physician and nursing documentation to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Provide general HBO oversight to
- Ensure that treatments are approved indications under CMS and LCDs
- Ensure physicians are present during treatments
- Oversee the safety and quality of the chamber(s)
- Collaborate with the Medical Director and Program Director to serve as the spokesperson for the wound center to the referring medical community.
- Promote the wound center services in the local marketplace by doing formal presentations, attending hospital meetings such as medical staff meetings, and actively participating in one-on-one discussions with referring specialties about the wound center services.
- Interact with hospital administration to consistently support wound care as a service of the
- MD, DO, DPM.
- Wound Care experience preferred.
- HBOT accreditation preferred.
|Company||Wound Care Advantage|
|Job Title||Wound Care Panel Physician|