This position is accountable for the provision of patient care and other activities as permitted by licensure and defined within Credentialing and Privileging documentation (hospital), Credentialing and Scope of Practice (Medical Group), Delegation of Services Agreement (DOPL) or other similar documentation as appropriate. As part of that patient care, this position is accountable to: deliver optimal patient care through effective clinical practice; education of the patient, patient's family, clinical staff, and others; consultation with other healthcare providers; and maintain current knowledge regarding options for optimal patient care and outcomes.
Essential Job Duties
Position Specific Duties:
- This position is accountable for the provision of patient care and other duties as permitted by licensure and defined within Credentialing and Privileging documentation (hospital), Credentialing and Scope of Practice (Medical Group), Consultation and Referral Plan (NP), Delegation of Services Agreement (PA) (DOPL) or other similar documentation as appropriate.
- Perform patient essment to obtain a complete and accurate record of the patient's clinical information and medical symptoms. Order tests and exams to obtain additional information needed to ensure proper and complete care of patient.
- Based on essment, diagnose patient needs and determine a plan of care. Interpret patient care tests and exams to obtain needed information to guide care.
- Provide for the treatment of the patient (and oversee the treatment provided by others) including appropriate prescriptive practice to achieve optimal clinical outcomes for the patient. Utilize advanced specialty knowledge to ensure that the care provided is appropriate, effective, timely, and cost efficient.
- Perform diagnostic, therapeutic and/or procedural care as defined by Scope of Practice.
- Appropriate and timely documentation of clinical care. Code and bill accurately per established protocol and procedure. Ensure that records are detailed and complete, and comply with related standards and regulations.
- Conduct and/or coordinate education to increase the knowledge of patient, patient family, and others. Providing appropriate instruction based on patient needs to support the continuum of care.
- Train other staff in areas of clinical expertise. Provides teaching of students as appropriate to increase their clinical knowledge and ensure safe patient care.
- Stay abreast of current trends in healthcare practice and participate in continuing medical education to ensure optimal clinical knowledge and effective patient care skill.
- Coordinates and collaborates patient care efforts with other care providers.
- Communicates clinical information timely, accurately, thoroughly, and appropriately to other providers of patient care.
- May collaborate with other care providers in the effective sharing of practice expertise.
- May participate in research and utilizes evidence-based practice to promote quality patient care, protocol development, care process model development, and best practice standards for igned patient population.
- Supports professional development through research processes.
- Entry Rate: Depends on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Position is generally 10 hour days/4 days a week. On call and call back is to be expected.
- Department: Wound Care at IMED and LDSH.
- Current state license as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
- Eligible for state Controlled Substance License II through V.
- Eligible for Federal DEA Certificate II through V.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for healthcare providers.
- Other certification as required (e.g. ACLS, PALS, TNCC, NRP).
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, ess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and ist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Masters degree or higher.
- Applicable certification from a recognized certifying organization such as the National Commission of Physician Assistants.
- Applicable experience as defined by position leadership.
|Job Title||Physician AsstNurse Practitioner - Hyperbaric|